Essential Insurance Tips for Classic Car Owners in Winder, GA

For classic car owners in Winder, GA, Ransom & Associates Insurance Agency wants to help classic car owners protect their prized possessions and prepare for unexpected accidents or incidents that may happen.

Special Considerations for Classic Cars

When you own a classic car, you have special considerations you must keep in mind when you’re insuring your car. While there are no special insurance requirements for classic cars in Georgia beyond what any other car would require, most owners of classic cars want to have specific classic car policies because these policies are more likely to cover the entire value of the car, while standard policies often undervalue the car because they assume that factors like age and mileage lower the value of a car, which is not true with classic cars.

Classic car owners also have different priorities than other car owners. When you have a classic car, you don’t just care about how your car works. It is an investment piece and maybe even part of a collection. For many classic car owners, the sentimental value adds even more importance to the car. Thus, if your classic car is damaged, even when it would be logistically more practical to swap it out for a new car, classic car collectors would prefer giving their cars longer lives and restoring their vehicles to glory whenever possible.

With these considerations, you’ll want to seriously consider the level of coverage you want to ensure you’re making the right choice for your classic car.

Protect Your Investment

Classic cars are cherished investments, so it’s no wonder that classic car owners tend to be extra protective over their cars. At Ransom & Associates Insurance Agency, we get that Winder, GA, residents want the best for their classic cars and need insurance they can rely on. That’s why we work with each car owner to find insurance policies that give them the right amount of protection based on their situation. Request a quote, and we’ll happily work with you to reach your goals.

Common Workplace Injuries and How to Prevent Them

Part of running a business includes making the work environment safe for your employees. If an employee becomes injured on the job despite your best efforts, you’ll need a good workers’ compensation program. If your company is in the Winder, GA, area, we invite you to contact our Ransom & Associates Insurance Agency agents. Our team has been serving insurance clients since 2010, and we’d love to talk to you about your workers’ compensation insurance needs.

Causes and Prevention of Workplace Accidents

According to TSW Training, approximately 1/3 of workplace injuries involve a slip or fall. Some of the most common reasons for employees’ falls are preventable, including wet floors, loose floor tiles, or tripping over cables or extension cords. Keeping the work area clean is one of your company’s most essential contributions to employee safety. However, if there are known hazards in the area (such as a wet floor or extension cord in the common areas of the office), be sure to post warning signs or cones in the areas to avoid them.

Wearing safe shoes in your work environment can further protect your employees and prevent slips and falls. Some companies proactively invest in their employees by issuing safe work shoes for them. Keep all work areas adequately lit, and promptly replace or repair faulty light fixtures. Providing annual work safety seminars for employees is another effective way to prevent those injuries.

Call Us Today for an Appointment

Making your workplace safe will prevent injuries and boost your staff’s morale and motivation. Ransom & Associates Insurance Agency is your one-stop-shop for all your commercial insurance needs when you need insurance in the Winder, GA, area. Call us today for an appointment and talk about insurance solutions.

My shed caught on fire. Will homeowners insurance pay for the repair of my shed?

What Homeowners Insurance Encompasses

Homeowners insurance is a comprehensive coverage designed to cater to various aspects of homeownership. It provides coverage for your personal belongings, the interior and exterior structure of your dwelling, and every other construction on your property. To sum it up, homeowners’ insurance confers a much-needed peace of mind. Many homeowners might be ill-equipped to cater to unforeseen losses, natural catastrophes, and damages out of pocket, making insurance a financially wise move. At Ransom & Associates Insurance Agency in Winder, GA, our team is dedicated to helping homeowners understand the significance of insurance.

Understanding Homeowners Insurance

Homeowners insurance is designed to cover the repair or replacement of your dwelling, personal belongings, other structures on your land, and much more. It also offers liability protection in the form of medical coverage and property damage. It is a bundle of several coverages designed to provide insurance for your home, personal items, and property structures.

Claiming Insurance for Damaged Structures

If your shed catches fire, your homeowner’s insurance should cover it, provided the shed is within your property. However, the incident must be an eligible, covered event by your policy. If the fire results due to neglect or any other situation not covered by your insurance, your damaged shed may not qualify for coverage. Should you have further queries regarding homeowners insurance coverage, do not hesitate to contact Ransom & Associates Insurance Agency in Winder, GA. We would be delighted to assist you in exploring your options.

How Your Auto Insurance Protects Other Drivers

Comprehensive Auto Insurance Solutions from Ransom & Associates Insurance Agency

Your auto insurance policy acts as a protective shield for you, your vehicle, and your passengers. Not only that, but it serves the critical function of safeguarding other drivers as well. If you are based in the Winder, GA area and looking to secure insurance for your vehicle, look no further than Ransom & Associates Insurance Agency. We are here to help you procure the high-quality auto coverage you need, shielding you and others involved in case of an accident or claim.

Working with an Agent: The Benefits

Collaborating with an insurance agent can offer invaluable insights about the insurance policy you are considering and assist you in comparing policy options. We can provide quotes from multiple insurance companies, giving you a wide array of options and helping you select the one that offers maximum benefits. A vital part of that policy is coverage that’s designed to protect other vehicles and their occupants. This offers protection on the road and gives you peace of mind.

Insurance that Protects Others

The segment of your auto insurance policy aimed at covering others does not only promote safety but also backs you in case of a claim against your policy. Accidents can happen unexpectedly; when they do, you want to ensure that you are equipped with the necessary coverage to handle any damages. As you review different policies, our agents can assist you in determining if you want a policy that covers the state’s insurance requirements or if you want to explore additional coverage options.

Contact Ransom & Associates Insurance Agency Today

If you are in the Winder, GA area and seeking auto insurance to protect yourself and others, contact us today at Ransom & Associates Insurance Agency. Partnering with our seasoned agents and exploring different insurance options can enable you to select the optimal policy for your needs. We are committed to ensuring your protection, confidence, and security for all your future journeys.

Have Motorhome Upgrades? How Insurance Protects Your Investment

Motorhomes offer freedom and unique experiences and adventures. Enthusiasts typically customize and upgrade their recreational vehicles for a variety of reasons, and having an RV policy in place to cover them is essential. Here are some tips from our agents at Ransom & Associates Insurance Agency in Winder, GA.

What Upgrades Do For Motorhomes

Add-ons and upgrades can do a lot for motorhomes including increasing the following:

  • Functionality: Solar panels, security systems, and water tanks are a few additions that can boost the self-sufficiency and functionality of a motorhome.
  • Comfort: Upgrades like better mattresses, climate control systems, sound systems, and custom interiors can enhance your time on the road.
  • Aesthetics: Awnings, upgraded interior decor, and custom paint work are a few ways to create a unique motorhome that reflects your style.
  • Resale Value: Add-ons and upgrades can increase the resale value of the vehicle, which comes in handy should you sell or invest in a new motorhome.

Motorhome Insurance and Customization Policies

Motorhome insurance covers more than the primary vehicle, and it can extend coverage to any customizations and upgrades. Here’s how:

  • Custom Equipment Coverage: Many motorhome policies offer customized equipment coverage. Should your add-ons and upgrades get damaged or stolen, the insurance will cover replacement or repairs.
  • Personal Effects Coverage: This coverage extends to the personal belongings inside your motorhome and includes upgraded items.
  • Agreed Value Coverage: This is a value agreed upon between the insurer and owner should the vehicle get totaled or stolen. Covered losses, including customizations, are paid to the policyholder.
  • Full-Timer’s Coverage: This coverage is designed to suit the unique needs of those who permanently live in their vehicle and includes personal effects and customizations.

Protect Your Motorhome Improvements With Adequate Insurance

Ransom & Associates Insurance Agency in Winder, GA is here to help. Reach out to us about coverage before you drive your new motorhome off the lot!

Don’t Forget Your RV Road Trip Checklist

Most RVs today are more like a palace on wheels. And that is also why RV owners from all over Winder, GA turn to the Ransom & Associates Insurance Agency.

Protecting Your Tenement on Wheels

The truth is that beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder, and RV owners are particularly partial to their rolling abodes. In all fairness, though, RVs don’t really look like Cousin Eddie’s, and they can be a considerable investment too. 

Like any good investment, it is always worth protecting. And in particular, those investments that afford so much fun, pleasure, and opportunity. For RV owners in and around Winder, GA, that protection begins with getting the right RV insurance. And at the Ransom & Associates Insurance Agency we help RV owners find the right insurance solutions for all their RV insurance needs.

RV Insurance You Can Count On

It doesn’t matter if you drive your RV 50 miles every year or if you travel hundreds of miles a month; protecting your home away from home is important. And that is why it is important to make a checklist of everything you need before you head out in that trusted family RV. 

Don’t Forget Your RV Road Trip Checklist

From liability protection to collision coverage and more, RV owners need RV insurance solutions they can rely on. Just like a first aid kit and travel supplies, be sure that your insurance is up-to-date and good to go wherever you go. 

If you are looking for a reliable, local, and trusted professional insurance partner to help with your RV insurance needs, look no further than the Ransom & Associates Insurance Agency. Contact us to learn more or to schedule an appointment to get the RV insurance solutions you need today.

Traveling With Your Bike to a Big Rally? Why You Need Insurance

Ransom & Associates Insurance Agency can help Winder, GA motorcycle riders find great protection for their bikes. It’s particularly important if you’re looking to attend a big bike rally soon and need to keep your bike safe.

Here are a few reasons why you’ll need motorcycle insurance:

Protect Against Collision 

When you’re on the road to a rally, you need collision protection to help repair or replace your bike if it gets damaged. It’s critical for any serious biker who loves their hog.

Manage Loss Issues 

At a bike rally, you might be at risk of getting your bike stolen or even damaged by vandals. Comprehensive protection pays out for any damage not caused by collisions.

Manage Injuries 

Getting injured on your bike or somehow injuring others at a rally can be costly to cover. Thankfully, personal injury protection and medical payments can reduce your financial suffering.

Get You Back Home 

When traveling hundreds or even thousands of miles to a rally, nothing is worse than getting stranded on the side of the road. Trip interruption coverage can get you and your bike back home. 

Trailer Protection 

Are you taking your bike to the rally on a trailer and are worried about accidents? Trailer insurance will reduce your potential costs and ensure that you can afford to pay for your trip.

Liability Support 

If you’re worried about getting sued during a bike rally for any number of stupid things, it’s critical to make sure that your bike policy has liability protection of some type.

Reach Out to Us Today 

Our team at Ransom & Associates Insurance Agency can help you find Winder, GA motorcycle insurance that fits your needs. We’ll work hard with you to make this process easier to understand and will make it easier to find a policy that fits your overall budgetary needs as a biker

Insurance Tips for Boats While in Storage

Properly insuring your boat while it’s in storage is essential to protect a significant investment against unanticipated events. According to the insurance professionals at the Ransom & Associates Insurance Agency in Winder, GA, consider these insurance tips for your boat while in storage.

Insurance Tips for Boats While in Storage

Start by reviewing your existing boat insurance policy to be certain you understand existing limitations/exclusions.

Choose an Appropriate Storage Location:

    • Indoor Storage– with the highest level of security and overall protection. Rates may be reduced for this type of boat storage.
    • Outdoor Storage-  as one would expect, outdoor storage facilities are generally less secure, so additional coverage may be recommended.  
    • Trailer Storage requires that you ensure it is properly secured to the trailer. Consider adding or revising your comprehensive coverage to protect against damage, theft, etc.

Other Important Considerations

Certain companies provide their customers with discounts for boats in secure facilities. Check to see if you qualify.

  • Before storing your boat, take pictures to document the boat’s current condition and maintain accurate records and receipts should you need them for a future claim.
  • Invest in security for your boat storage area – i.e., a surveillance camera, alarms, etc., which may help qualify you for premium discounts.  
  • Let your insurer know about the location and security measures.
  • Review your policy’s deductible to understand how it may differ for storage-related claims. A higher deductible often translates to lower insurance premiums, but it requires higher out-of-pocket costs should a covered event occur.

Contact a Leading Insurance Agency Today

Remember that boat insurance requirements and options vary. Contact Ransom & Associates Insurance Agency in Winder, GA today.

Four things you might not realize about classic car insurance

Classic car owners need to realize how important it is to have an insurance policy that’s appropriate to their unique coverage needs. Ransom & Associates Insurance Agency offers classic car insurance coverage to consumers in Winder, GA.

The following are four things you might not realize about classic car insurance:

Classic car insurance can cover restoration costs.

Classic car insurance often includes coverage for restoration costs, encompassing expenses related to the repair or refurbishment of vintage vehicles. This specialized coverage ensures that owners can maintain the authenticity and value of their cherished classic cars.

Classic car insurance policies might require appraisals.

Classic car insurance policies may require regular appraisals. These assessments ensure that the agreed-upon value accurately reflects the vintage vehicle’s current worth, helping owners receive appropriate compensation in case of a total loss or damage.

A vehicle might need to meet certain age requirements for classic car insurance.

Classic car insurance policies often have vehicle age requirements. These policies typically cover vehicles that are considered classics, antiques, or collectibles, with specific age thresholds that must be met to qualify for coverage.

Policyholders might need to adhere to various usage restrictions on a classic car insurance policy.

Classic car insurance policyholders may need to adhere to specific vehicle usage restrictions. These restrictions often limit the frequency and purpose of driving, ensuring the classic car is preserved for occasional use, exhibitions, or club events.

Reach Out To Us

Are you ready to get a quote on a classic car insurance policy that will cover your beloved classic vehicle? At Ransom & Associates Insurance Agency, we’re happy to help. Get a quote on a policy that will cover your vehicle in Winder, GA by visiting us online or giving us a call to get started. 

Does Commercial Insurance Cover Office Equipment?

Having the right level of commercial insurance is essential for protecting against risk and loss. If you would like to learn more about Commercial Insurance and require assistance deciding which policy options best fit your needs, you can count on the professionals at Ransom & Associates Insurance Agency. We proudly offer services to the residents in and around Winder, GA.

Commercial Insurance Protection 

If you own a business, it’s essential to have Commercial Insurance to protect your investments. Commercial insurance not only protects the building in your business resides, but it also protects any content, such as office equipment. It’s also ideal for protecting against any liability due to customer injury or accident.

If you want to learn more about commercial protection and which policies best suit your needs, our insurance agents can help. We take the time to assess each customer’s needs and match them with policies that meet or exceed those needs. In addition, we not only assist with the policy purchase process, we also assist with any changes to the policy during its lifetime and claim submissions. Our goal is to provide exceptional customer service, so you can get the reliable commercial insurance you need to have peace of mind.

Reach Out Today 

If you’re currently in the market for commercial insurance, we can help. Please don’t hesitate to call or stop by the office of Ransom & Associates Insurance Agency in Winder, GA. We aim to assist each customer with selecting the right policy that offers protection and peace of mind. Don’t guess when it comes to your commercial insurance policy. Trust our professionals to help you get the support you need to make the right decision.